samedi 17 février 2018

Conversion: a Wolfen in 1/72

I have always been a fan of Rackham figures. Do you know them ? I hope so :)

Rackham was a french company who created the best 25, 28, no 32+ mm fantasy figures more than ten years ago. The concepts were marvelous, and the minis themselves even better, so full of details that you had to think twice before beginning to paint. And of course, the studio painters were so talentuous that is was even intimidating :) One of their most impressive minis were the Wolfens, some giant half-wolves half-men savage creatures, with very dynamic poses.

I won't show you one of these Wolfens (I have a few to paint, but not enough time, and not enough skill, sorry), but  I wanted to convert some 1/72 plastic minis into some sort of Wolfmen, inspired by the Rackham concepts.

Here you are what I achieved to do after the first attempt. Will you guess what I used for this conversion ?







The answer in the next post :)

Phil.

16 commentaires:

  1. The Body is a caeser Orc..and the head, one of those Zombie dogs you painted a while back ...what´s my prize :-)
    Excellent conversion btw.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Too easy for you probably :). Your prize will be that I remember promising you some of these zombies I never sent, so I will prepare the package and add something else inside :)

      Supprimer
  2. Nice conversion whatever it was - Paul obviously knows!
    Je m'excuse I do NOT know of Rackham figures (Red Rackham I DO know about).

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Maudlin. In the next post, I will show the minis during the conversion process, and some examples of the original figures.

      Supprimer
  3. Aucune idée de réponse, mais la présentation, et la figurine, sont très sympas...

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I read already the spoiler about the origin of the head (was not able to find out myself!)
    You also entered the world of conversions Phil :) you will Never end
    I did not know those Wolfen by the way, by the concept is interesting..you design looks quite valid also for me as D&D Gnolls (hyena-men)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. There's a great feeling of creation when you can convert a mini to get something different, it must even be better when you sculpt every part of it! I find that particularly difficult, so I don't complain about minis, even the less well sculpted ones are worth some consideration.
      For the Wolfens, I explain tomorrow. And you are right, it could work for Gnolls.

      Supprimer
  5. The old Rackham minis are awesome and your conversion really captures the spirit of them Phil, great eye when it came to putting it together.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks, but I would say you're too kind, my mini is not as dynamic as the originals. But I prepared a second one that should be better :)

      Supprimer
  6. I would guess to not let Paul participate next time conest like this ;)cause he knows all those bods out there

    RépondreSupprimer