samedi 12 octobre 2019

Orc champion with followers

Good evening.

Almost no time to paint before the week-end, but I still try to add new Orcs in my army (For those who might discover this blog today, Orctober is the month in the year when you paint Orcs - Goblins  and other relatives accepted), so I took some time this saturday to finish a big guy from Caesar Orcs set 2, which I will enroll as a champion, with followers.


This mini proved longer to finish than expected - many shades of brown, and some rust effects on the metal as well. I kept on using some desert sand color for the skin, I'm not fed up with it. As for the previous one, I painted a very thin violet line on his lower lip (not easy to see on the pictures I think). I chose to paint a leather armour, except for the helmet and some iron pieces on the legs.

Some close-ups:




It took me almost 2 hours for just one mini. I'm definitely not an army painter... but I try :)


11 commentaires:

  1. Nice. Strangely, today I be-headed the one with the hammer for use in a conversion

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Really !? Oh I must hurry and check my figures, one is probably beheaded !!! :D

      Supprimer
  2. He looks extremely angry! Great metal effects on the armor.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! He looks like someone looking for a rôle in Madmax...

      Supprimer
  3. He looks really good as a champion, such an imposing miniature. The painting time was well worth it!.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Orcsome work! I particularly like this figure. He's somewhere in my collection only somewhat painted. Perhaps I shall return to him one day. Currently back at it with moderns. Specifically some Men in Black. Perhaps there to erase the memories of those claiming to have seen many orcs around this month? No such thing as these fictional creatures after all.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you! I think this Orc could be used for a WH40K or similar post-apocalyptic game.

      Supprimer