samedi 14 décembre 2019

Star Wars Imperial Assault: my first minis

Several years ago, FFG released a game of tactical combat based on the Star Wars universe, Imperial Assault. One of the players commands the armies of the Empire while the others become heroes of the Alliance.
I bought that game to play with my son, and we had several disputed fights. I'm not a big fan of the films, but I appreciate the universe for its depth and variety, particularly the numerous species of aliens.

No wonder then that the first mini that I have painted is one of these aliens, a Rodian, that is a guy from the same species as Greedo, the bounty hunter killed by Han Solo in a Mos Esley cantina on Tatooine.

So, here you are this Rodian citizen, just painted today, with a stormtrooper to fight against.


The Rodians are meant to be green-skinned humanoids, so I followed the instructions :) Regarding his equipment, I gave him a blue outfit, dark leather belts and boots, iron pieces of armor, and a black gun.
I tried to paint his eyes as if they were red gems - dark red, orange glow at the bottom and a spot of white to simulate the reflection of light - not quite satisfying, but I have so many other figures to paint, I will do better on the next ones.





A few more pictures of the duel. The elements of the scene come from the boardgame. I planned to replace their bases with transparent ones. Oh, and I should add a layer of varnish on the white armour.




By the way, the first post with a "Science Fiction" label on this blog, hourrah !

Hope you like them :)

12 commentaires:

  1. They look good. How are they size wise, Closer to 28mm or 1/72nd?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you. Good question, since I indicated 25mm... I just measured them, they're 28mm for the stormtrooper and even 30mm (from foot to eye) for the Rodian, definitely not compatible with 1/72 minis (but Ok with GW I think).

      Supprimer
  2. Superbe !
    Tu me donne envie de peindre du Star Wars, comme si je n'avais pas assez de projets en cours !

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. C'est une bonne nouvelle, étant donné ta technique et ta vitesse d'exécution, ça me fera des modèles pour les figurines qui ne m'inspirent pas spontanément.

      Supprimer
  3. Un duel de grande qualité, superbes figurines!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Awesome stuff. Good job on that Rodian. Now who will shoot first?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you. Maybe the good question is: who will shoot first in the right direction ?

      Supprimer