samedi 24 septembre 2022

Anubite

 Hi everyone!

I have not been very active in the hobby since the beginning of the year - I only painted a couple of figures in January, and that was all until September. I could paint more than 30 figures this month, I hope to keep on painting that much till the end of the year, but who knows.

I have no particular project - which means that my 30+ projects are all on the workbench at the same time, and I only paint figures that I don't find boring... and among these figures, I paint them when I am convinced by a good color scheme, particularly regarding Fantasy figures.

And here we are. I bought the Anubites set by Dark Alliance as soon as it appeared on the net, because I find the figures beautiful, and also because they are a must-have in any Egyptian Fantasy army. oh, and also because I am a big fan of The Mummy 1999 movie :) But the figs remained unpainted for some time, because I couldn't choose between different color schemes.

Now I've made a decision, and this is the result:



Nothing very original, as you can see, but good enough in my eye. I wanted to paint a black (supernatural) skin, mixed with some mud color for the highlights.

As a size comparison, you can see the Anubite warrior in duel against an Egyptian trooper - very courageous to charge such an evil creature. He might need some reinforcement :)

Unfortunately for the Egyptians, the Anubite summoned his Mummy allies, including an ancient Mummy King that had a duel experience at Benno's (special thanks to Peter, again :)).

Pictures taken with my phone. The result is correct, but far from the Reflex quality - I definitely need to reinstall a spot in the basement to take better pictures.

See you (soon or not) !


5 commentaires:

  1. Great work! I was just looking at your mummies for inspiration the other day, and I have some Anubis warriors of my own in process.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Norman. Sorry for the late answer, but now your mummies and Anubites are painted, and I've seen the result with wonder, the whole army is very nice!

      Supprimer
  2. You're welcome Phil! Good to have you back and that is a wonderfull painted figure!
    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! Nice to read you here again, Paul, even so late :-D

      Supprimer
  3. Nice post thank you Lauren

    RépondreSupprimer