samedi 13 octobre 2018

Technical adjustments on this blog

Hi everyone!

Since I've started this blog, I've found it a bit boring that less than half of my laptop's screen (definition is 1920x1080) was used to display pictures and text.
After a few tests, I modified the width of the blog to 1000px so that it fits on the devices I could test with.

But this modification might not work properly on your device, so I would like to ask you if these new parameters have an undesired effect or not. If your display is 1000px or higher, you should not experience any trouble.

The main difference is the size of the boxes to show the pictures. Let's have a look:

Size before change



Size after change



Is it worth modifying ? Have you got any trouble ?
Please let me know.

Oh, and a few words about the minis involved. You will have recognized a druid from Hät set 8138 Gallic command, together with the carnyx player already shown here, and a slinger from Hät set 8089 Gallic warband. On the background is my DBA Gallic army.

Regarding his clothes, I searched for info on the web, but we must admit that very little is known on that subject. It is possible that the druid wore white dresses as sacerdotal clothes, but it might only be a tradition coming from the 19th century. All I could read on the subject (Dumézil, Le Roux/Guyonvarc'h, Persigout) is rather old and not very scientific, in my opinion.

So I chose white, off white, as usual :)

A few more pictures.




PS: I also resized the pictures of the previous post but not the others, I'm waiting for your feedback before doing it.

EDIT: Thank you all for your answers ! I understand I can keep this format for the blog, so I can now change the other posts. All right, there's some job to do :)

29 commentaires:

  1. L'image est plus grande c'est mieux.
    Sur mon téléphone ou tablette la version web prend tout l'écran sur mon ordi, la moitiés de l'écran est le fond, je t'envoie une copie d'écran par mail.

    le druide fait très Astérix mais je l'aurai fait exactement pareil, le "blanc" est réussi, de la belle figurine.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Boro! Tant mieux. Sur mon ordi pareil, le blog utilise 1000px sur les 1920 possibles, mais avant c'était un peu plus de 800 seulement. Si j'agrandit encore, ça ne passera plus sur les tablettes (en mode web) je pense. Je n'ai pas changé la mise en page du mode mobile, ça prend effectivement toute la largeur écran par défaut.
      Le druide, ben, il est blanc quoi :) avec une cape rouge, il aurait d'un super-héros :))

      Supprimer
  2. Réponses
    1. Perfect! Glad to know it has no negative effect. Thank you for the feedback.

      Supprimer
  3. Small or big, your pics are always worth a look.
    As for the druid in off White...as far as anyone can tell, it´s ok.
    Pliny the Elder from his work, Naturalis Historia - para 251.1, is reckoned to say that they wore White garments
    "sacrificio epulisque rite sub arbore conparatis duos admovent candidi coloris tauros, quorum cornua tum primum vinciantur. sacerdos
    candida veste cultus arborem scandit, falce aurea demetit, candido id excipitur sago...."
    From;
    http://latin.packhum.org/loc/978/1/1229#1229
    but the section often quoted can translate into meaning the sickle, not the druid, is wrapped/clothed in White Cloth.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I would have been disappointed without one of your excellent scholar comment, Paul... I must admit I expected it :)

      Supprimer
  4. Works really well. Figure look superb - even better now.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Duc. Now I know I can keep these display parameters.

      Supprimer
  5. Great minis Phil, the hat druid is one of my favorites so great to see him so well painted. And the new picture size works well too

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Cool, One more vote for the large size :) Thank you for your answer, and your comment.

      Supprimer
  6. I've not noticed any difference between my Mac or iPad. Cool Druid!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. All right, no problem at least. Thank you for the info, and for the comment about the druid :)

      Supprimer
  7. I heard that british druids would wear black clothes,
    Check out this YT video about Boudicca's revolt:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npwM2touF08
    Around 1:46 they say about druids and their clothing.
    As for the pictures they are great and work great, no problems here!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much! I will have a look on this video, this info about druids is probably interesting, and also because Boudicca is still on my painting desk (the mini, I mean :)).

      Supprimer
  8. Salut, merci pour ton commentaire. Je pense effectivement qu'on voit mieux. Après il est toujours possible de cliquer sur chaque photo pour les avoir en plus grand :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Great idea Phil! Something I may have to look into for my own blog and as ever the miniatures look great!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Tony! Yes please, show us bigger pictures, so that we can admire your impressive minis.Send me a message if you need any help. My adress: philotepATgmail.com

      Supprimer
    2. Cheers Phil you are very kind. I may give it a go when I am a bit more awake and if I get stuck I will drop you a line. I appreciate it!

      Supprimer