dimanche 29 septembre 2019

Wild Orc - test shot

I keep on preparing Orctober. After the Dark Alliance sets, I wanted to try to paint the Caesar figures.
Their style are very different from one another: the Dark Alliances ones are much smaller than the Caesar, which are sculpted in the spirit of the Games Workshop green horde.

At first, I wondered whether I would paint these ones in green, so that I would get two different hordes, from two different orc people, but I eventually decided to stick to the initial color scheme, and use other items to represent different people: the clothes of course, and also, why not... warpaints.

Here you are the first of my Wild Orcs, as a test shot.



A close-up to have a look at the warpaints. White for the skull and some stylized bones, with red lines and hands for blood (of course).


And last, a picture of the Wild Orc as a bodyguard for the orc queen.


What do you think ? Is the color scheme convincing ? And the warpaints ?
Thank you in advance for your wise comments, my fellow painters :)




12 commentaires:

  1. Quite convincing Phil,
    You tookmus by surprise coming back just before orktoberfest, this is unfair we dont have so much time now :)
    Are half orcs accepted for the festival???

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Nice work. Really loving the markings they look very authentic

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Glad you like these markings. Authentic, for an Orc ? Maybe :)

      Supprimer
  3. Fantastic work, the markings are great.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I´m convinced. I´ve got a couple more kniggits to paint then I´ll get some Orcs done.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Tonight at home during the dinner, we had a debate about D&D and the alignment of the characters. What about the knights ? Are they Lawful Good, when the Orcs are Chaotic Evil ? Or the contrary ? Anyway, can't wait to see your contribution to OrctoberFest !!!

      Supprimer