samedi 28 septembre 2019

Last days of september...

... preparing Orctober :)

From times to times, I keep on painting Orcs and Goblins for my Orc army. Remember the color scheme I chose ? A yellow skin, as you can see here or there, not the usual green we see everywhere, even on this very blog !

So I've just added a few Orcs from Dark Alliance set 3, the best Orcs by this producer by far.


As usual, a few individual pictures. First of all, the queen of Orcs, ruler of the great hord I want to paint this Orctober.


The general of the army, at least the foot warriors (I'm thinking of a conversion of this guy on a small dragon). I must say that I didn't like this mini because of his shield that I found ridiculous, but once painted it is ok to me.


Two warriors as guards, or maybe vanguard, since they're lightly equipped.




And a closer view of these fierce warriors. Can't wait for next month!

So, who's in for painting hordes for Orctober ?

14 commentaires:

  1. Yay, another Orctober, the warband is growing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Magnifique quatuor, la reine des Orcs est ma préférée....

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Nice work! I always enjoy seeing your work with skin tones.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Jonathan! It's one of the exercises that I prefer.

      Supprimer
  4. Another great batch Phil, great to see you painting some more Orcs.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I've also very recently painted some of the El Cid light warriors you sent me last year. I take pictures when I have a dozen.

      Supprimer
  5. This orks are just splendid! I appreciate your style of painting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Hi Phil i like the skin colour option here. i would use a desert sand if I had some figures,but I don`t, however i thought it worth a mere mention. The figures look cool, but pretty hot painted. Yes I imagine that to be a good choice of wording to make. Mind you my own painting is rather lukewarm, but not in the least half-hearted. Getting back to your fantasy figures on display they certainly inspire the story teller author inside my fancy. Thanks for sharing this topic here and especially on Benno`s Figure Forum too. Thumbs up. BB

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh, what a nice comment, even your comments are stories :) That's your most important skill, me think. Thanks BB.

      Supprimer