jeudi 14 octobre 2021

My contribution to Orctober 2021: Goblin Chieftain on War Chariot

Hi gents! My project for Orctober 2021 took me much more time than expected, but it is complete at last.

Everything is in the title:

This year, my Orc army received some reinforcements from a Goblin clan whose leader goes to war on a chariot pulled by two Wargs (yes, it seems that they can run side by side without fighting each other), and especially equipped with blades: one at the front, and two on each side of the axle. They're designed for hunting - Troll hunting, I mean.


The driver has to be harsh with his Wargs, hence the whip, while the chieftain looks fierce with his clubs.


The frequent visitors of this humble blog will have notice that this chariot is only the second one that I've assembled so far, after the Celtic one on the previous post. This one is a bit more customized, will you guess where all parts come from ?

 


If I find time before the end of the month, I will try to add a few more Goblins, but not for sure - we'll see.

See you, and happy Orctober :-)


28 commentaires:

  1. Wow! That's terrific! Tremendous paintwork on the goblins!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Fantastic work Phil! My contribution will not be as stunning as yours is!

    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Peter! I hope to see your own Orcs (or friends) very soon :)

      Supprimer
  3. That's a magnificent centerpiece for your goblins. The painting is first class and I love the Sense of movement. It really reminds me of the old 80s Warhammer goblin chariots (in a really good way)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Sprinks, and yes! That's en example I had in mind all aong the process. I would have liked to use a giant boar instead of Wargs, but I couldn't find anything convincing in 1/72.

      Supprimer
  4. Ooh, very nice! Chariot body looks like an Airfix Britons model, wheels... Caesar Mitanni Mariyannu?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Norman, thank you for your comment! For the Airfix chariot body, correct! The wheels however come from a different source, older than Caesar.

      Supprimer
  5. Fantasy not my thing, but these are fantastic!
    Regards, James

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Fantastic, as usual. Are the wheels from the Italeri/Zvezda Persian cavalry set? I am at a loss for the source of the skeleton.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much Mark. No the wheels are not Zvezda - it would be the best choice, large wheels reinforced with iron, but I only have one set and the chariot is already painted as Persian :) (you will see it by clicking on the 'Achaemenid Persians' tag on the left panel).
      Regarding the skeleton, I think it is difficult to guess, just let me tell you that it is resin and not plastic, so the manufacturer is not mentioned at PSR.

      Supprimer
  7. Great as always Phil. i only miss more Francy agressive colours for a true Goblin chieftain :)
    For 1/72 orcish rodable Boars I can give you some suggestions as you can also imagine :)
    Sadly this orctober maybe gets dry from my side..not best time for painting by me

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Sceavus, nice to read you, you are rare these days :)
      Yes, I might have painted a part of his armour as bronze, the result would have been better. I also considered adding some red warpaints on the driver, but I might have ruined everything...
      Too bad for your participation in Orctober, and yes, suggestions regarding boars would be great :)

      Supprimer
  8. what a fantastic work! looks relly awesome!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. What a delightful piece and vignette!

    I see I am late to comment. One look said Airfix Ancient British chariot body but, the wheels? No idea but to me they look like something from a WWII armoured vehicle or anti tank gun or howitzer.

    Excellent work.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Ross! Right sir, the Airfix chariot body is correct. FOr the wheels, you must search in another era - I think I will take new pictures today to give an explanation regarding the other parts, it's been long enough :)

      Supprimer
  10. I love the painting of the wargs. I'm going to have to adopt that look for some of my wargs when I get around to painting them.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Eric, thanks! My own color scheme was inspired by the GW figures, so we can almost say that it is public :D

      Supprimer
  11. Not sure that you're really interested in what is on display here, and I'm not very confident in your link, so I won't click.

    RépondreSupprimer