mercredi 10 janvier 2024

The Green Horde: a Goblin Skull Crusher

 Hi!

I know that this blog is meant to be mostly dedicated to 1/72 figures, but these days I'm in the mood to work on my 28mm Orcs and Goblins army for Kings of War. I have to say that the comments, here and on various forums, have been rather positive, and I took them as an encouragement to go on.

Today, I want to show you a War Machine, the sort of things that Orcs usually don't use - they leave the sophisticated and bizarre things to lesser warriors, meaning Goblins!



The machine is called a Skull Crusher. It was sculpted by Kev Adams and released by Citadel in 1986. The machine itself is full of small details as you can see below.




There's a team of 4 Goblins to handle it. From left to right: Winder1, Winder2, Boggrub Legbiter the team leader and Loader.


I love these funny Goblins, and probably will add some more of them as allies to the Orcs. I have a troop of warriors, a few archers and a War Chariot to paint. Hmm, makes me think that I also have a DBA Gallic army to base, all the figures are painted.

See you soon for a post dedicated to Celts, and for a bigger Orcs army!


12 commentaires:

  1. The Skull Crusher is a piece of art and it brings sweet memories of the past as the Goblins as well, which are wonderfully painted. Congratulation for such an awesome piece.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Blacksmith. Yes, it's a real piece of art, maybe the best period for Citadel.

      Supprimer
  2. Very well done! I remember that piece, but didn't own one myself. Nice to see the old Citadel models getting a fresh treatment.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much Mark. The truth is that I bought this one a very long time ago, and was very disappointed when I discovered, after the box opening, that it was broken (some parts were missing), and didn't know what to do. Many years after, with internet and green stuff, I could repair it and, at last, paint it! And I'm happy with the result :)

      Supprimer
  3. Wonderful painted little green monsters! ;-D
    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! Goblins are even funnier than Orcs, I should paint more of them this year.

      Supprimer