dimanche 23 décembre 2018

Musician of the month... and Band of the year !

Good evening everyone! I have been completely inactive on internet these past weeks - sorry for all your excellent creations I missed, I will have a look everywhere and comment where I'm late now that I am on vacation for... two days :).

There is at least one mini I should display this month: the musician of December! Let's have a look:


This man is a Scottish piper from the 15th century. He comes from one of the several Redbox sets dedicated to the War of the Roses: set 72043 Scottish Troops.

More important, this mini comes from The UK, since it was kindly sent to me last month by Sprinks, from  Wronghammer.

This mini is very nice, but the blowstick (i.e. the piece of wood in which the piper blows to fill the bag) was missing, so I had to add one to the model.



The result could have been better, but it is already more accurate.

So this guy is the 8th musician of the month this year. Only the 8th ? Unfortunately yes, I didn't achieve to complete the job, because I stopped painting between may and august.

This is what I did this year:

8 on 12, 66% success.

Now it's time to have a look at the band :)




 Hope you like them, as motley as they are !


18 commentaires:

  1. That band would have a very interesting sound! Great paint job Phil!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Great looking piper and an interesting group for your "War" band!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Un bien bel orchestre pour fêter cette fin d'année!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Welcome Phil,your new posts are always eagerly waited!
    I did not realize that mistake in the piper, so thanks for the info
    Now you have to choose new musicians for 2019

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for your warm comment Sceavus! My modification is not that good, I should have added a bit of green stuff, unfortunaly mine is dead. For the next year, I have several ideas, just a question of time :)

      Supprimer
  5. Bon tu ne peins pas en été c’est un fait.
    Bel orchestre de Noël 🎼
    Quel est le nouveau défi de 2019 ?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci pour eux :) Je vais continuer sur le musicien du mois, j'ai encore du stock pour plusieurs années. Mais c'est vrai qu'un autre thème serait intéressant - le prêtre du mois ? L'animal du mois ? Le troll du mois ?

      Supprimer
  6. Beautiful job Phil. I never noticed the missing part but your right!. I will have to assume my pilers have transparent pipes!. That band needs a name.....

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Sprinks, for the comment and for the figure of course :)
      It appears that I happened to play the bagpipe some years ago, so of course it stared me right in the face :)

      Supprimer
  7. 'Meet the gang 'cause the boys are here.
    The boys to entertain you.....'
    Hey! Mrs Tambourine woman, play a song for me....
    The best band ever!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. "It ain't half hot mum", right ? It must that I discovered this BBC series thanks to your comment :)
      But i had already heard of Mr Tambourine Man's wife, of course :)

      Supprimer