mardi 22 décembre 2020

2020 Advent Calendar: Day 22

One more day in the calendar, and a Roman day again.

Day 22: Roman Legionaries in action

These Legionaries were made by Strelets. They're considered in action since they've already thrown their pila and drawn their gladii (swords), which tells us that the close combat will begin very soon.


They're meant to be part of my Early Imperial Roman army, together with the auxiliary archers (already shown here), and the other Romans of this calendar.



Very classical but a must-have for any Ancients wargamer.

See you tomorrow.

11 commentaires:

  1. je suis toujours aussi impressionner par les détails et encore une fois tes freehands sur les bouclier !

    Du grand ART!

    Amitié
    KéHenCo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Tu es trop bon, il y a encore matière à s'améliorer... etoui, l'objectif est d'avoir des boucliers réussis :)

      Supprimer
  2. That look to me some good opponents for the mummies!

    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Excellent idea, I wanted to create a mythologic tactical wargame, and I realized that Osprey had already edited one, I should have a look one of these days...

      Supprimer
  3. More beautiful minis, I know I keep saying it but your shields are wonderful.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much Sprinks, very kind of you. These shields are far from perfect, I think I can do better :)

      Supprimer
  4. Indeed shields are great ...
    About Ancient Warriors fighting sobrenatural powers, I have also One suggestion: maybe your legionaries Must defend Román Limes from some strange zombie barbarian invasión....

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ah ah Sceavus, you should write scenarios for TV series. Have you seen a Korean series named Kingdom ? In the 16th century, some zombies are attacking Korean soldiers that defend cities surrounded by large walls... exactly what you suggest, but in Korea instead of Rome :)

      Supprimer
  5. Wonderful series! Is it possible to get an email subscription to your blog?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Bruce, thank you for your comment! Well I don't know how to do that, I will have a look at the parameters and widgets proposed by blogger. If I find something convenient, I'll add it :)

      Supprimer
    2. Ok, it was very easy, we just need to know if it works, I will post something more today :)

      Supprimer