jeudi 10 décembre 2020

2020 Advent Calendar: Day 10

Good morning! Though we approach Christmas, we'll find no rest, no peaceful sight on this new day of the Advent Calendar...

For day 10, another threat comes to us: Uruk-hai Command

All Fantasy fans will probably see that these figures are inspired by the Uruk-hai, the half Orcs of Saruman, as we can see them in the Lord of the Rings trilogy movies. Big creatures wearing black armors with the symbol of the White Hand on their banners. Threatening, no doubt. But something I found strange when I saw the movie for the first time was their ability to march as if they were regular, drilled soldiers.

I must say that the Uruk-hai I imagined were inspired by this:


Do you remember them ? Yes, the oldest among you might know... this picture is taken from the animated movie 'Lord of the Rings' made in 1978 by Ralph Bakshi. Very different, and certainly not like drilled soldiers :)

My new recruits arrive just in time to command the next move of my small warband.

You can see more about their troops here.




Always more violence, will it ever end ? A more peaceful scene would be great for Advent time.. what do you think ?

Hope you like these fierce mini-monsters anyway :D

See you tomorrow.


10 commentaires:

  1. Another great post. I love the skin tone on these miniatures.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you! I try not to paint all minis with the same skin tones, it's better in my taste with as many colors as possible :)

      Supprimer
  2. j'ignorais qu'il y avait du 1/72 seigneur des anneaux! En tout cas elle sont superbe et très fidèle au film !

    Amitié
    KéHenCo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci KéhenCo. Ah oui, au 1/72e, la marque Dark Alliance produit beaucoup de figurines fantastiques, dont pas mal inspirées du film de P.Jackson: des trolls, des elfes, des nains, des orientaux, des Haradrims, des cavaliers du Rohan, des morts vivants et même les pirates d'Umbar.

      Supprimer
    2. c'était le truc à pas me dire maintenant je vais devoir me renseigner et peut être plus !

      Supprimer
  3. A great warband you can call your own. They do llok very good, but more imnportant, I do remember that movie back to my childhood. It was great, frightning on the one hand and also bringing fantasy so far, that I just have to see one picture and still remember the atmosphere of the movie. Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you. I'm happy to recall you childhood memories :)

      Supprimer
  4. They are beautifull in their uglyness! :-D

    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer