mardi 8 décembre 2020

2020 Advent Calendar: Day 8

Today we go to the new world, and make a big jump in time (no goat this time) after the Roman Empire.

For Day 8 of the Advent Calendar, we discover some Zouaves for the American Civil War.

You've probably recognized them. These minis come from one of the first sets made by Hät, way back in 1997. And they are on my todo list since that year. Or, to be true, I had almost forgotten their existence until Strelets begun to produce their ACW range. At first I had no intention to buy any - I have so many sets and figures that I can't count them, and I had decided to focus on Ancient, Medieval and Fantasy figures - oh, and Nappies are sometimes authorized to climb up the painting desk.

But one day I realized (thanks to PSR) that one of the Strelets sets had a photographer with a plate camera (set 156, confederate infantry standing)! I wanted that figure badly and bought the set immediately. As a wargamer, I like standing poses that I find great on a battlefield, so I painted a few of them, that can be seen here, among older references.

Then I remembered the Zouaves that I had bought so many years ago, found three of them, and here they are.




It looks like they're practicing, rather than being engaged in battle. Probably better for them...

See you soon :)


10 commentaires:

  1. What ? You wanted this figure so badly that you bought it ? Whereas you have so many at home ?!?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. What what? You're surveilling mes achats of figurines on internet ???

      Supprimer
  2. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Of course ! You are dilapiding our Christmas budget !

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Très belle production comme toujours, superbement détaillé!
    Concernant les couleurs en général pour tes figurines tu dois faire pas mal de recherche pour respecter les teintes etc non ?

    Amitié
    KéHenCo

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. That are some old but goodlooking soldiers!

    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer