mercredi 21 février 2024

The Green Horde: another regiment of Orc Warriors

 Hi everyone!

After the Christmas painting rush, I've tried to keep up the pace of production for 2024. It proved feasible in January, but it became much more difficult en February (a lot of work as usual). I could at last complete another troop of Orc Warriors, according to Kings of War unit sizes. 




 

As you can see, I've been cheating adjusting the unit according to my production capacity. Instead of ten warriors, I've painted only 6 warriors and a giant one - a venerable Chronicle Ogre into a giant Orc.


Let's have a closer look at this sort of Ogrorc:


Impressive, don't you think ? 

The other warriors are once more a mix of several manufacturers.

Chronicle Hobgoblin Champion

Ral Partha Orc Warrior - a future Linebreaker for Oathmark

A Ral Partha Orc Lancer

Citadel Black orc

Alternative Armies Lancer

Old Ral Partha figure by Bob Olley

With the previous troop, I can now assemble a regiment.



 

Since I have painted another one in 2023, I can mix my 2 regiments into a... Horde! See for yourself:


But it doesn't mean that we are at the end of the Green Horde. Several figures are currently being painted, and I intend to add the following units to my army:

- 2 troops of Wolf Riders (10 figures)

- 1 troop of Boar Riders (10 figures, 2 painted)

- 1 troop of Orc Archers (10 figures)

- 1, maybe 2 hordes of Orc Warriors (up to 80 figures)

- 1 Goblin King on his war chariot

And I've also spotted some Goblin allies, such as Spider Riders, Lancers, Rocket Flyers... It's a long way to the top (if you wanna Orc'n'Roll) :)

4 commentaires:

  1. Great work Philotep - the Ogrorc is very impressive indeed.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Amazing unit and the Ogrorc is an excellent idea. well done.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. These units look magnificent! Your painting is always a joy to behold, whatever the subject (I'm not big on fantasy).
    Regards, James

    RépondreSupprimer